Monday, January 5, 2009

Campbell's New Year's kiss


First, let me start by saying that we had a fabulous holiday season. We spent lots of time with the collective family. Alan and I are truly blessed by families that get along or fake it really well.
We successfully spent Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas, and New Years with various combinations of our two families. All drama free. Can you imagine? We had loved ones from California- all the way to Georgia- the mega-lopolis of Pleasanton- down to the Rio Grande Valley. Honestly, I am not sure if they are doing it for the sake of the grandkids, Alan's great cooking, or the mass quantities of booze... Regardless, we thoroughly enjoyed every moment shared with them all.

Of course as the new year begins I have a list of To-Dos. Maybe if I share them on the www i'll be more inclined to actually achieve them all this year. I'll keep you posted.

Be a better wife
Be a good mother
Work harder at friendships
Show appreciation to loved ones- often
Keep my cool
Stop (ok- cut down on) using curse words
Work out more (actually breaking a sweat)
Be more thankful. Mom- you are making this one easy!
Have more fun
Learn
Take Elvis for more walks (see photo above)
Recycle (thanks, Claudia)
De-junk-i-fy my closets
Make time
Try new foods
Read, read, read
Stop complaining (hello purple bracelet)
Figure out Facebook
Come to terms with the terrible twos!!! Is this possible????????????

I think 2009 is going to be great! It may be difficult, but I know that I am going to enjoy it! I have a magnificent husband, and a sassy, precocious, darling daughter who make the day to day all worth the while. Add in the beautiful Mariposas in my life that are joy incarnate, along with my family and friends... now that is a recipe for success, if I've ever heard it.

PS- As I sit here typing away, Campbell is chattering my ear off from around the corner. I understand something about "Cricket" (her baby doll) and "tee tee". I tell her if Cricket needs to tee tee you should take her to the potty.... silence.... more chattering.... something about Cricket... "uh oh"... around the corner comes Campbell.
"need you... need you... come eeer, come eeer!"
I follow her to the bathroom- and there sits, or should i say swims, Cricket in the big girl potty.
I guess I should add "Be more specific" to my To Do list.

Love yas!!
Peace Out from Campbell's House!!
Campbell's Mom

1 comment:

Colette said...

I like the list...it's inspired me, maybe my one lonesome resolution just isn't enough :) Glad to hear your holidays were happy. I am sure Campbell LOVED every minute!