Tuesday, April 13, 2010

"Mommy, I not old"

That is the response I got when I asked the Diva how it felt to be three years old...
I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, huh?

We've been celebrating her birthday since mid March, but for some reason it really hit me like a ton of bricks on her actual birthday.  I got all sappy thinking about the day she was born.  Turns out, I am going to be THAT mom.  Who knew?  Well, I had a sneaking suspicion...

The drought and then all the rain has yielded a bumper crop of bluebonnets in Central Texas this year.  They are everywhere and absolutely breathtaking! 

I begged her to hold her brother while she posed in the bluebonnets, even for just one picture.
But as everyone very well knows (or at least ought, too)... "flowers are for girls, Mommy.  Anyway, I think Stratty wants me to do it by myself."

 There you have it.


Peace out from Campbell's House!
Xoxo

2 comments:

Haylie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Haylie said...

Beautiful LITTLE girl. I can't believe she's three!! I feel OLD.