Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The last of the cast





Four long weeks and some super cool autographs... but good golly, Campbell is free at last!!

Monday was the big day! The nurse sawed it off, whilst Campbell screamed bloody murder. For once, no tears for Mommy. I was so excited to see that pink anchor come off!

Inside, (I should have snapped a pic) we found:
  • A couple of shriveled up grains of orange rice- a la Chuy's, I am sure
  • A blade of brown grass- a la Mommy. I let her play in the grass without the giant tube sock over the cast
  • A small morsel of mulch from the playground at school
And that's it. I have to say, I was pretty impressed. I thought we would find all sorts of disgusting treasures down there.

Her little leg is a little skinnier than the left one, and the skin needs some serious moisturizing, but aside from that she is rocking it out.

Alan and I had hoped that she would be a Super-Baby and immediately begin walking / running as soon as the cast was removed. Sorry to disappoint, but she is not quite there yet. We still think she is a super baby!

Peace out from Cedar Park!
xoxo

No comments: