Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Called out

I hate to break it to you but if you send me chain mail of any kind- I trash it.  I don't even give it a second thought... which is weird because:  I read my horoscope, play the same lottery numbers each time, pick up lucky pennies, have lucky sneakers, boots, jewelry, rub Buddha's belly... you get the general idea here.  Strangely, the threat of being destitute or having a four headed baby or a lifetime full of bad luck does not compel me to forward random junk mail.

This week I did get called out by my cousin over on Daily Rants & Ramblings.
The challenge was to share 5 meaningful pictures and then to gush over yourself in 5 sentences (or something like that).  There was also something about forwarding the challenge- but you know how I feel about that.

So, dear Branalyn, here goes:

#1:  My Family
Alan, Melvin, Heather, Dayce, Campbell, Dad, Mom, Sandy, Kay, Haylie, and Opal
These are the most important people in my life.  
They are the people that I have loved the longest.  And, the people that have loved me the longest. They have taught me how to love unconditionally and how to enjoy life.  
There is one person missing from this photo- well, technically he is in the picture you just can't see him.  He is more of a tadpole at this point!

#2 Diva and The Bean

These two kids already love each other so much it makes my heart ache. I never knew how much fun being a mom could be.  But it is!  I try to tell them as often as I can how much I enjoy being their Mom.  I know that all too soon I will be un-cool, old, and unreasonable in their eyes.  So I am relishing in every snuggle, kiss, hug, and bedtime story I can!

#3 San Antonio Rock-n-Roll Half Marathon 2008

I have found over the years that running is where I can find the stillness in my life.  I can make my mind be quiet and really think- almost a meditation of sorts.  This should serve as inspiration to get back out there and pound the pavement... Mostly, this picture is a nice reminder that if you take care of your body it will work hard for you.  Mine did:  13.1 miles in 2 hours 33 minutes.  Not too bad for a rookie run. My family and dear friends,the Dunns, came out to support me and cheer me on!

#4 Gone Country


My Dad and Melvin had to be absolutely busting at the seams when the Diva decided to be a "ranch girl!"  She has only been to the ranch a few times, but she talks about it a lot.  When it rains, she talks about the flowers needing the rain to grow... and the cows need grass at PawPaw's ranch, too!  Uncle Deuce (Melvin) trained her in Cow Feeding 101.  Thank goodness for camera phones to catch the moment digitally! 
We may live in the city, but we have country roots!


#5 I've got your back

When I got pregnant the second time, I sooo wanted Campbell to have a sister.  I knew that I had no choice in the matter and that the teenage years would be EXCRUCIATING with two teenage girls in the house. But, I also knew that as adults the amount of joy, love, and support they would bring each other.  The connection that Heather and I have.  The connection that Haylie and Dayce will have.  The connection that Mom and Sandy had.  
When we saw the penis I had to reevaluate things.  It was then that I realized Campbell already had someone in her life that she could get that very same joy, love, and support from:  Ainzley Opal.  This picture sums it up.  
Life is hard.  
You won't always get your way.
But, I love you.  And when you need me I'll be here- no matter what.

And, as a bonus Sandy took the picture.  And managed to get a dual fit documented for all time.

Five things I like about me:
I make pretty babies
I have nice handwriting
I make a MEAN chocolate chip cookie
My knack for talking to people. Seriously, I can strike up a conversation with a brick wall
My silly sense of humor- it is fun to be silly

Mission complete.
Peace out from Leander!
XO




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excellent. I don't usually do things like this either, but I really liked this one. From what I've heard, you come by the "talk to a brick wall" thing naturally. Something about MeeMaw and someone from Poteet or Pearsall or something in Canada?